Visited Locations (1)
Countries: Dominican Republic
Months of Travel: June and December
Year Initiated: 2010
Total Yearly Outreach Participants: 24 per trip
Matriculants per class: 37
Medical School Involvement: MS2, MS3, MS1, MS4
Other participating professional schools:
Faculty and staffing:
UA-COM, Phx. faculty as well as doctors from our clinical partnerships will volunteer their time to travel to the Dominican Republic with our students.
Incoming MS1 students are required to submit their Global Health-Certificate of Distinction application no later than October 1st.
Five elements of the GH-Certificate of Distinction program are:
1. Field externship (Dominican Republic trip - choose either June or December departure)
2. Independent Learning
3. Global Health Seminars?
4. Global Health Discovery Project (GHDP) in partnership with their Scholarly Project
5. Global Health Elective (4th year)
Students pay for their airfare and subsidized lodging/meals expenses.
Faculty time allotted:
Faculty time is on a volunteer basis.
Administrative support provided for coordinating 4th year elective travel and support (as needed) for student run organization.
- David Beyda, MD Login for contact info
- Maurine Shelley Login for contact info
NGO/In Country Partners
Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos